Friday, July 5, 2013

Hot Glass and Butterflies

When my family was visiting we took a trip to the Franklin Park Conservatory.

We explored the butterfly garden:

IMG_5881

IMG_5847

IMG_5813

We watched a glass blowing demonstration. This guy showed us how he makes vases from start to finish. It was pretty cool.

IMG_5815

IMG_5823

IMG_5826

IMG_5831

Stella started out in her stroller, but this little girl is so curious and just loves to be in the middle of things experiencing everything. You can see her in this picture just totally enthralled in the presentation. 

IMG_5832

They also had a leaf showing that day. People brought in their leaves to be judged. I thought it was kind of quirky and weird, but cool at the same time.

IMG_5809

IMG_5810

They also had little miniature flower arrangements being judged. They were each about the size of a can of food.

IMG_5804IMG_5807

IMG_5805IMG_5806

We explored the other rooms in the conservatory. There is a desert room, a Himalayan room, a rain forest room, a Bonsai room, a Pacific Island room, and a couple other rooms.

 

IMG_5838

I isn’t my little sister pretty?

IMG_5840

IMG_5841IMG_5836

2 comments:

Momma Kaye said...

At first I thought that it was Joseph blowing the glass! (Similar build, but not as handsome). I love, love, love Stella's little crocked smile at the end of the tour.

Gran Linda said...

how fun and great to see your family all together again!