Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Come on Over

Hello everybody! I just thought I would invite you all into my new home. Come in, stay awhile, make your self at home. I wanted to show you my new apartment. I don’t have pictures of the whole thing because we still have some boxes in the upstairs rooms. And I didn’t have the gumption to spiff up the upstairs bathroom, so you don’t get to see that either. Oh, and you can’t see the main room of the basement because it is full of our empty card board boxes.

IMG_0411

We live in the one with the light blinds up and the light on.

IMG_0410

IMG_0414

Our little flower bed.

IMG_0417

Right when you walk in the front door, you see the stairs going up to the two bedrooms, a closet, and a full bathroom.

IMG_0408

IMG_0419

Then, if you turn to the left of the stairs, you will see our living room. It has nice hardwood flooring and is nice and roomy. We really need to get a rug.

IMG_0426

Then keep walking down the hall and to the right there is a doorway that leads down to the basement. There is a big carpeted room down there and a really big closet. Then there is a utility room where we keep our washer and dryer.

IMG_0428

IMG_0425

Back up stairs: there is another door just after the basement door and inside is a half-bath. We are so happy to have a second bathroom. For some reason Benj and I both need to use the bathroom at the same time, all the time.

IMG_0421

Keep walking back and you enter the dining room.

IMG_0422

Then to the left is the kitchen. It has a dishwasher!!! Hooray!

IMG_0423

Out the sliding glass door is our patio. We have a little bit of space to plant vegetables. We have a handful of tomato plans, some peppers, some herbs, a couple strawberries, and on the other side there are a couple of squash plants and some flowers that were there when we moved in.

IMG_0399

I can’t wait for our tomatoes to ripen!

We love our new home. Thanks for stopping by! We have plenty of room, so come visit us!

6 comments:

Gran Linda said...

I am so happy that you have a lovely place with lots of room to live! I know you will be happy there together!

Momma Kaye said...

What an elegant student apartment! It sure beats that chicken coop renovation you two lived in. I love the dining room especially. Where did you get your washer and dryer?
Thanks for the house beautiful tour. You are a lovely little homemaker.

Lindsay said...

That is a super nice home. Absolutely beautiful.

jess and seth said...

Praise the heavens for the dishwasher--and I love that you planted gardens first thing--veggie & flower. What a cute apartment! I love the wood flooring.

Bethany L. said...

Loving this! Love that you have a dishwasher. Love that you have more than one bathroom (I totally understand the need more than one bathroom. :) Love the flowers, love the garden, love the washer and dryer. The only thing I'm not loving is that it's so far away! Miss you!

Lyd Stew said...

BeeeeaUtiful! So happy for you. Hooray for the washer and dryer- much deserved! I hope you keep that sturdy Strapz table forever- I don't know why, but I love it... it just seems like it could handle any beating.