Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Nauvoo

We spent an awesome day in Nauvoo on our way to Ohio.

IMG_9707

IMG_9725

We went on a carriage ride to inspiration point and saw some of Joseph Smith’s favorite places over looking the Mississippi.

IMG_9748

IMG_9755

IMG_9756

We got to make our own rope like the Pioneers did.

IMG_9759

IMG_9762

We walked the Trail of Hope where the Pioneers walked as they left Nauvoo. We read all the plaques of posted along the trail of journal entries from the Pioneers. We walked all the way down to the banks of the Mississippi.

IMG_9820

IMG_9833

IMG_9788

IMG_9790

IMG_9793

IMG_9841

IMG_9858

IMG_9782

IMG_9853

IMG_9865

IMG_9835

We saw Joseph Smith’s grave.

IMG_9888

We also went to Carthage Jail where Joseph Smith was martyred.

3 comments:

Aaron and Carolyn said...

We love Nauvoo. We are planning to go there on our summer vacation next summer. Congrats on the move!

jess and seth said...

Isn't Nauvoo special? I'll bet Benj was glad to have you with him this time! :) And I can't believe how swollen the river is--yikes!

Gran Linda said...

I've always wanted to go to Nauvoo, now is I could only un-glue gramps from his chair and the t.v......