This is everything we own, all inside that truck. We hooked our mini van on a trailer on the back, too. I don’t have a picture of the whole long thing, but it was long and huge! But we made it!
Some people say that the drive is very boring, but I actually loved watching the landscape change the more East we got. At first there was a lot of flooding.
I love the mountains. I am going to miss them.
I didn’t realize how pretty Wyoming actually is.
Then, in Nebraska, it started to get really flat with lots of trees. It was weird looking out over the horizon and seeing more and more clouds instead of mountains.
The trees just got more and more thick the further East we got. Aren’t they beautiful?
All of the sudden there was this big bridge and we were crossing the Mississippi. I was so excited! I have always wanted to see The Big River. It was so huge. The pictures just can’t capture how huge it is.
Overall the trip went really well. We had no problems, until right at the end when we pulled up to the apartment and realized that our mini van had a flat sitting on the trailer. One of our neighbors helped us put on a spare and we got it patched the next morning.
We also stopped in Nauvoo for a day. I’ll show you more pictures on another post!
Oh, and thanks so much to both of our parents for helping us clean and pack. You have no idea how much that helped!
2 comments:
Yay! Now you can start your own adventure! Have fun and make some really good friends right away. :)
Wow, what a beautiful drive! My kids are begging me at the moment to call you on the webcam . . . at least we can still keep in touch!
(word verification, oddly enough: entch)
Post a Comment