Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Oh, What Songs of the Heart!

The best thing in the world happened to me yesterday! I GOT A PIANO!!!!!!

Our friends, the Allen’s, are moving and they didn’t want to haul their piano with them. They were giving it away for free, so we jumped on the opportunity. We had to pay the piano movers to get it to our house, but it was otherwise free. I am so excited. It has been years since I have been able to just play and play and play all I want.

IMG_1557

Now, I can play alright, but I am not amazing. I am hoping to teach myself some new songs and really learn the hymns well. Right now I can play a handful well enough to play at church (maybe 3 or 4) and I can struggle through most of them. But I really want to learn them all really well. Yesterday I played for an hour and a half straight. And then, I was feeling so musical that I pulled out my French horn and played some of my old solos for a while too! I am so out of practice, but it felt so good!

IMG_1555

Just wanted to share the good news!

7 comments:

Momma Kaye said...

Oh, Amy Jo! What a beautiful piano! It looks like the vintage kind of antique piano my mom has. Lucky you! There is nothing as wonderful as music in the home -- what a blessing. If you need some piano music, I have TONS!

Bethany L. said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting and perfect for you two musically talented people! We expect a new Fighting for Faux album soon!

Gran Linda said...

I am so very happy for you and Ben to have a piano again! I'd love to sit and listen for awhile!

Lyd Stew said...

How awesome is that!!! Piano's are just hard to move- I think we should all just trade with each other from place to place. :) I'm so happy for you- it's so nice to have one in the home! It's a lovely piano too- I love the color! Play away!!!

AnK Romney said...

YAY!!!!!!!!! A piano is so exciting!!! Oh to be a fly on the wall and listen to you play both the piano and your horn!

jess and seth said...

Oh, that is happy news. You guys totally needed that around, what with your raw talent pouring out the windows--I'm so glad you have an instrument to play now, so you and Benj can jam together again. Hooray!

jess and seth said...

P.S. That is the coolest-looking old piano! It took a minute for my computer to load the pictures. I love it!