- We are very grateful for our family living near by. We had a place to stay, food to eat, a car to borrow, and a nice brother who helped us out. It would have been frustrating if we were on our own.
- We really appreciate our clean clothes, tooth brush, and a car full of gas.
- After a day without my contacts I realized how grateful I am for them.
- We also got our car cleaned out in the process! It is like we got a brand new car!
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Lost Keys
Last week my inlaws were out of town. Benjamin and I went over to their house to feed the animals and get the mail. We also got some tree cuttings to plant later. We decided to watch a movie before we left. It got really late and we fell asleep there. The next day we took our time get up and ready. I was trying to clean up and I mindlessly threw away a little dixie cup away. It was holding my last pair of contacts. We were going to leave, but we couldn't find our keys. I wasn't much help because I couldn't see very well. We looked everywhere for the keys. I scheduled an appointement with the eye doctor the next morning because I am pretty much blind with out my contacts and school starts in just a few days. We searched for an hour inside. Then we searched outside for an hour. We retraced our steps because we had walked all over the grounds to get the tree cuttings. We finally gave in and stayed another night. During the night we caught two mice in the mouse trap. They were being very noisey and we din't sleep well at all. We both woke up with headaches from unfamiliar pillows. We hadn't brushed our teeth or changed clothes for two days.We took Mamma Kaye's car to the eye doctors the next morning. As soon as we can afford it we are both going to get some glasses. We spent the morning cleaning out our van in search of the keys. Anthony came over and helped us search and clean. What a nice brother! Thanks Anth! We finally decided to take out the lock in the hatch to take in to the key place on mainstreet. Our apartment keys were on the same key chain. We only had one set of both keys because I lost mine long ago. We went to the manager and took the master key and we got duplicates of our house keys and our car keys. It cost about 30 dollars for the all the duplicates. But when we went to pick up our keys there we realized that we left our money at home. By this time we were both going insane. We went back to put the hatch door back together after taking the key slot out to take to the key maker. We accidntly put the door back together locked. We couldn't get it open. This was the cherry on the sundae. My parents gave us a mini freezer sot that I can store frozen meals in. I cooked bunch of meals ahead of time for when school starts. The freezer was in the back through thte hatch door that we had accidently put back together locked. We finally got it unlocked from the inside. It was quite difficult. We went and picked up Benjamin's suit from the dry cleaners after he spilled a huge thing of chicken noodle soup all down his legs. So after 11 dollars at the drycleaners, 33 dollars at the lock smith, 30 dollars at the eye docter and contacts to pay for, and two and a half days in the same clothes we had about had it. I kept asking Benjamin, "did you look under the car...did you look in the couch coushins...did you look by the cat food...?" and so on. He asked me to please stop asking him to look in places that he has already looked. And this morning we got a phone call. Pappa Ben found our keys in the couch coushin. We already decided that when the keys turn up to laugh about our mistake. Its not as easy as it might seem. But these are the things we learned:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You guys are hilarious!! Thanks for the laughs!
Ohhhh- Amy Jo and Benj... you win... what a story! I felt stressed just reading it! :) Glad you worked things out and are trying to have a good attitude!
Okay, I'm sorry to laugh, because I have had days like that and they are HORRIBLE. But good for you having a good attitude about it--come what may and love it, right? That's an amazing story. Seth washed one of my contacts down the sink at his parent's house one Christmas and I hadn't brought a spare and didn't have glasses either . . . I felt very lopsided for a while until we called my old eye doctor (it had been at least 5 years since my last visit there) and they mercifully gave me a sample contact for free. We actually broke down this year and bought glasses. You should ask Abe & Chels where they got her new glasses--they were really cheap and cute, somewhere online.
We are actually both getting glasses soon. Benjamin just ordered a pair online for himself. I am still adjusting my astigmatism. I am tired of losing my contacts though. I can't wait to get some glasses!
Post a Comment