Thursday, April 2, 2009

Endoscopy

I just got home from my procedure at the hospital. I am doing great. I am mostly off balance because of the drugs. The procedure was mostly painless. The worst part was getting the camera down past the epiglottis. It was so hard not to throw up. The small intestine looked fine. The stomach was mostly fine. We still need to get the biopsy back before we can know about celiac and bacteria overgrowth. However, my esophagus is in bad shape. The is scarring and a sliding hiatial hernia in the esophagus and I definitely do have Esophageal Reflux Disease. That explains the pain in my ears, loss of appetite, hiccuping, sleep troubles, and the difficulty I have swallowing. i don't really have heartburn pain, but the acid is definitely eating away my esophagus. We left the hospital in a hurry so that Benjamin would not miss any more classes. I am not sure what everything means but i am grateful that I had this done. We will find out the biopsy results in about a week or so. I am recovering from the procedure very quickly but I still can't drive until afternoon tomorrow. I am grateful for everyone's help, support, fasting, and prayers. I have had so much help through this trial. I love and appreciate you all. Thank You. I will post pictures of my guts later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're glad everything went smoothly.

Olinselot said...

I've got your cheesecake made, but the boys were a mess after delivering Grandpa's birthday cake and dinner tonight, so you'll get it tomorrow. I'll call and get your address in the morning. LOve ya, glad you're doing okay. Be sure to blog the results...or feel free to call me. Love ya.

Mystial Batwoman said...

I'm glad you had it done too. Even though I'm sure it wasn't enjoyable. Let us know what more you find out and oooohhhh we want to see the guts picture :) Love ya

Gran Linda said...

Amy I'm glad you made it through the test and hope that they find meds that will help you. We love you dearly. Can't wait to see the pic's!!

jess and seth said...

Amy--I didn't realize you were going through this test--I've been out of touch with my blogging. I hope they can figure things out for you, and we'll definitely keep you in our prayers as you recover.