Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sweet Heart Dinner





I wanted to make a special dinner for Benjamin on our 10 month Anniversary and for Valentines Day. I a fancy invitation. He was supposed to RSVP to the owner of the fancy resturaunt (my sister). I was just going to do it at our home, then I got the idea to try to do it in the Jungle Greenhouse on campus. When that didn't workout I decided to go out to my parent's house to make the food and set up. I was running out of time, I hadn't started cooking, and Benjamin still hadn't RSVP'd. I was frustrated and Benjamin was confused becuase he didn't even get the invite. I was about to give up and just make a dinner to take home. My sweet brother Riley took over. He recruted Emily and Joseph, my other siblings, and they turned the bonus room where Riley's band practices into an amazing dinner for two. He used things around the house, the fun V Day decorations I had brought, and sheets. He covered up the instruments and exercise stuff, put little flickering electric candles everywhere. Brought up chairs and a table cloth. Covered the lights with red crape paper to give the light a red pink hue. It was beautiful. the flowers Benjamin brought topped it off wonderfully. Michael Buble was playing in the background. We had Sangria in big goblets with heart shaped ice cubes and heart curly straws. I made pesto-basil stuffed tomatos, and shrimp pasta. Riley cooked most of it. I used the leftover salad my family ate at dinner. Emily made a blueberry, blackberry, pudding parfait with heart and lips sprinkles. They quickly served the food and left us to be alone. They were amazing. They seriously whipped it all together in 30 minutes. I really love my brothers and sister. Thanks for saving the day, Riley! We love you!

5 comments:

Gran Linda said...

Turned out beautiful!! Wow, maybe Riley should rethink the military thing and be a caterer???

jess and seth said...

Wow, what an awesome family! So do they want to come down to St. George and help me do something nice for my husband? Poor Seth spent Valentine's day writing papers and babysitting kids for me while I did Helping Hands and supervised the Primary Activity Day. I didn't do diddly-squat for him, poor guy!

Lyd Stew said...

What a sweet family to help you out! Many hands make light labor (as dad would say!) :0) sounds like it was a fun time! Cute idea!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like it was a blast, you have great idea, I might have to steal the invitation and RSVP.

Benjamin J. Romney said...

That was so much fun!! All thee month aniversaries that you've done have been so cool. how am I going to top them when the real one comes around?!