Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thanksgiving and Gilliean



We spent Thanksgiving break in Utah. We loaded up in the big white Romney van (Beth, Jonathon, Kyie, Anthony, Benj, Me, Kaye, and Papasan). We went to see Gillian Grant, a lovely lady from Wales, go through the Jordan River Temple for the first time. Shortly before Benjamin left from the UK to come home, he knocked on Gill's door. She had been searching for a religion that was "alive."  Her husband, Desmond, had passed away a few years back. She is now a faithful member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She just got called as Relief Society President. We went to the temple to as she recieved all of her ordinances. We are proud of her! 


She shares part of her story and testimony on www.mormon.org in three videos. There are a lot of little movie clips. That picture above is what her first video looks like at first. 




We also went to Thanksgiving dinner at Benjamin's grandparents Juan and Alma Whiting in Mapleton. It was sweet to see Grandpa Whiting one last time. I just finished his favorite book, Tarzan of the Apes. I loved it!!! I was very sick during his funeral, so Benj went back with his family alone.  I didn't know Grandpa Juan very well, but I am sure we would have gotten along great. These are some of the only pictures I have with him. He was always doing a puzzle. I love puzzles. Pics aren't great quality: they are from Benjamin's phone. 


We also went to the Cabelas store. This is a picture of me trying to buy fish food to throw in the fish pond. 

No comments: