Yesterday Benjamin and I were walking across the church parking lot holding hands. The ground was a sheet of solid ice dusted with powdery snow. It didn't take long before we were slipping and sliding. we both started to fall and we made the mistake of holding hand even tighter. Benjamin landed hard on his bottom and I spun and landed facing the opposite direction face first. Hard! My chin hit the ground first. I looked down as I started to get up and I saw blood falling in the snow. I cut open my chin and was bleeding all over. Benjamin rushed me inside but didn't hold on to me too tight: good thing, because he fell again not long after. We grabbed some paper towels and headed over to Community Care. The cut was straight but very deep and gaping. I got seven stitches and the doctor did a very good job. I feel dizzy and my jaw is very sore. I can't move it very much or chew with my molars. They had to give me a Tetnus Booster. I feel a bit queezy from that and my arm hurts, but its not too bad really. I think I am just a big wimp about getting shots.
You can't really see the cut looking straight on. Hopefully the scar won't be visable!

5 comments:
OUCH!!!!!!
I can't believe how strong and positive you are about these things.
The scar should heal nicely. If you get the V. E liquid pills. You can poke it and use have in the morning and in the night. Just put it on the boobo. It should help the scar fad away faster.
Let us know if you need anything!!
You poor little girl!! Did they check you for a concussion??
Kylie is right vit. E will help alot with the scaring. Hope you feel better by now. love you
Holy Moly woman! Would you stop with the doctor already? Actually that scar will be cool when you have kids. You can be like, "I was in a hockey match with your dad and I won" Get better soon!
Shawna and I must think alike, cause I was totally thinking how you need to come up with a cooler story than falling on the ice... like attacked by a polar bear or something. Hope we get to see you sometime this weekend.
AMY JO! Do you just sometimes wonder what doesn't happen to you? My goodness- I can't even believe that! You poor gal- I hope it heals well! I am the worst on the ice- I've been lucky here, especially while I'm pregnant. We're praying for you! Good luck!
Post a Comment