Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Just a couple random pictures:

IMG_8463

Just hanging out at my parents’ house.

IMG_8451

I really love my Benjamin. A few weeks ago I came up from the basement to find this:

IMG_8464

Last Christmas Benjamin got me a sewing machine. A really fancy one that we really couldn’t afford. I didn’t  know a thing about sewing, but was determined to learn. I have really struggled over the past year, but have forced myself to try new projects. I just wanted to show some of my progress. I sewed most of the Christmas presents for Benjamin’s sister’s family this year:

Merida doll for Evie:

IMG_8100

IMG_8103

A personal progress holder for Lydia:

IMG_8112

IMG_8111

A sleep sack for baby Lizzie:

IMG_8107

And a doorway puppet theatre for Jacob, Eleni, and Gabe:

IMG_8113

with puppets made from old stuffed animals:

IMG_8114 

Please don’t look to close at the crooked stitches, parts where I got fed up and glued something one, or holes from unpicking so many times.

That’s all for now! Goodnight!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Awesome job on the sewing!

Gran Linda said...

I love the pictures and your sewing is wonderful, love,love the doll!

jess and seth said...

Amy, I hope you know how much we love you and appreciate these beautiful gifts! I pulled this up just now and Evie came running from across the room--"Meh-da!! It's my Meh-da doll!!!!!"

Lyd Stew said...

You are so clever! I can't beleive all the amazing things you made- Jess was trying to describe them but I love that I got pictures to appreciate all the work. So cool! And I love the picture of Benj mopping! That is awesome!