Benj signed up to do The Color Run, a 5K down town. The whole premise of the race is that at every kilometer, each runner gets blasted with colored cornstarch. So by the end of the race, everyone is hot, sweaty, and COLORFUL! I am kind of wishing that I signed up, too. But, by the time I realized that it was more of a fun race instead of a run your guts out race, it was completely sold out. So, I was there as the loyal supporter and photographer.
Benj before the race:
A lot of people from our ward had signed up for the race and we were able to find all of them, that we knew of. (Sorry Brittney. We didn’t mean to leave you out of these pictures.)
The line up of runners before the race. You can see how packed it was. There were so many runners!
I made my way to the finish line to wait for Benj. There were a lot of crazy outfits.
Tutu’s
Crazy body suit guy:
It was fun watching everyone cross the finish line.
They gave each runner a packet of color to throw in the air at the end of the race. You can tell by the road at the finish line:
and the colorful people:
I told Benj that he had an orange mustache and he tried to wipe it off, leaving a huge purple streak in its place.
We were able to find our friends from the ward after the race.
Sabrina and Skyler pushed their daughter Gracie through the race in a stroller. I think she enjoyed herself.
The following pictures make me laugh so hard. I tried to get a picture of everyone jumping in the air, but I couldn’t quite get the timing right. The pictures I got are pretty hilarious, though.
In the next few pictures, everyone jumped one at a time. I don’t think I gave a very clear signal to jump.
There goes Benj!
Oh, and there goes Jamie.
Next is Addie! Alyson and Brittney were smart not to jump once they saw that it just wasn’t working out.
This was the best one I could get, eve though some heads were chopped off. I didn’t have the best lens on for this kind of shot, but I didn’t dare change it with all the color dust flying around.
After the race, wetook a look at the Jazz and Rib festival that was going on all day.
There was live jazz and lots of different rib vendors. But we were so exhausted and the ribs were kind of spendy, so what do you think we did instead? I’ll give you a hint. It was Benj’s choice and he was hungry. Yup, we went to an Indian Buffet. What a fun day!!!!
4 comments:
You should have asked that sad lonely lady on the left to join in the jumping. She looked like she needed a friend. Anyway, GOOD JOB, BENJY! I'm especially proud of him, because I've been trying to run 2 miles, and the last thing I would want is someone spraying me with color.
what a fun race! As good as the Dirty Dash where everyone jumps in big mud puddles!
I love those kind of races
Just catching up- this looks so fun! Proud of you Benj! You are my hero!
Post a Comment