We had a fun, festive July 4th. We started the day off by getting doughnuts at Krispy Kreme. We went with my friend Kristin, who has the family tradition to get doughnuts every July 4th. I’m liking this tradition!
Then we went to the Upper Arlington parade. Upper Arlington is one of the smaller towns within Columbus and it’s the one our house is in. Parades are funny to me. I don’t know it just seems kind of funny that tons and tons of people would gather on the streets to see little girl dance teams and little boy t ball teams ride on flat beds. Strange and wonderful at the same time.
After taking a long nap, we went to a funny movie at the dollar theatre. Pirates! Band of Misfits. It’s a silly pirate Claymation movie. And then we went to the ward BBQ in our apartment complex parking lot.
After mingling at the BBQ for a while, we took off for the Dublin Fireworks (Dublin is another little section of Columbus). We met up with my co-worker Ron, who had saved us a seat. Before the fireworks, Joe Walsh, the lead singer for the Eagles did a little concert.
During the fireworks show, there was also a lighting show going on in the distance. The second the fireworks were done, a man on the big speaker was telling us all to evacuate the place immediately because of storm warnings. Luckily the storm didn’t start in full force until we got home.
3 comments:
Ben will be so jealous that you got to hear Joe Walsh! What a fun 4th! Much more eventful than our Salem Community breakfast. I'm so glad you are taking advantage of everything Ohio has to offer! You are great examples of "Blooming where you are planted."
Fun 4th of July! Can't wait to see you in a week!
I've missed a lot! You guys blow me away with all you've been up to! I wish I had known all these things so I could have chatted about them!
Post a Comment