Being from Idaho, I have never experienced a tornado. I used to be really scared of them when I was a kid. I was always ready to grab a radio, blankets, and some food to take down to the crawlspace when ever there was stormy weather. I also would have tornado nightmare’s all the time.
I knew this day was coming. And I didn’t know how I was going to react. I imagined that my fears from childhood would carry over and that I would be terrified when the sirens went off.
It was a Sunday and I was trying to make dinner. I sat down at the table with Benj for just a couple minutes and the sirens started wailing! I grabbed the dinner rolls, our fancy expensive camera, and my purse and ran down to he basement. Benj followed with the lap top and his guitar. It really startled us! After about 30 seconds of sitting in the basement, we couldn’t stand not seeing anything. So we ran back up stairs and got pictures of the storm. We never saw a tornado and I don’t even think one ever touched down. But it was still a pretty awesome storm.
The pictures and videos don’t quite capture the grandeur of the storm. This video doesn’t quite show how huge the hail was.
But this picture does:
The storm was followed by beautiful rainbows! It was a pretty exciting day, and not nearly as scary as I thought it would be.
2 comments:
Unbelievable! Did your car survive without dents from the hail storm? The video won't play because it reads: Private. Would love to see it though.
Wow, was that just today?? Terrible tornado's everywhere this weekend. Stay safe and be prepared! love you both.
Post a Comment