Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine’s Day

I had to work from 12 to 8 on V. Day so Benj and I went out for an early lunch. We went to a nice Italian restaurant close to my work called Nicola. That was plenty for me, but after work Benj had a little surprise planned. He picked me up from work and we walked over to The Fresh Market next door and picked up take n’ bake pizza and huge slice of chocolate cake from the bakery. We went home and for some reason he was standing in front of the door fiddling with his ipod instead of unlocking the door. I was freezing and I had a lot of stuff in my hands so I was getting frustrated that he wasn’t opening up the door. I shouldn’t have gotten mad, because he ran in the house and hooked his ipod up to some speakers he had set up and started playing romantic Brazilian music. Then I looked at the table and was SHOCKED to see the table all decorated with rose petals, candles, vases of flowers, sparkling cider, and plates set up for dinner. It was so thoughtful of him. We had fun just eating our pizza and talking in the candle light.

IMG_0222

IMG_0227

 

IMG_0237

IMG_0232

IMG_0249

Thanks Benj! I love you!!!

4 comments:

Gran Linda said...

How super romantic Ben is! You are a lucky girl Amy. We went to Taco Time and ate taco's in the car while it was freezing cold outside and listened to news on the radio. ;]

AnK Romney said...

So cute!!! We can sure thank Ben and Kaye for romantic boys! Im glad you had a Happy Valentines!

Lyd Stew said...

Go Romeo! Man- I'm impressed! (And Amy doesn't that always happen- they are trying to do something nice and we're getting cranky? So embarrassing... I'm always looking for "humble pie" on the menu. :) Pizza pie works too. :) So fun! You two love birds! :)

Bethany L. said...

You two little romantics you! I am very impressed and just so you know, I've done the exact same thing to Jon right before he's done something thoughtful for me....whoops. :) Miss you two!