Monday, February 6, 2012

In my mind I’m gone to Carolina…

This weekend Benj and I made a last minute quick trip down to North Carolina to see my little brother. He is in the Army and is leaving for Afghanistan in a couple weeks. We rented a car and drove down for a day.  We went to lunch and walked around the mall for a couple hours. It was nice just spending time with him before he leaves.

IMG_3306

IMG_3309

We stopped by Benj’s cousins for a little bit, as well. I had never met them and Benj hadn’t seen them for nearly 10 years. Ray and Darlann and their children were so nice and inviting. They had cookies waiting for us and they sent us home with a bag full of travel munchies and dinner to eat once we got to our hotel that night. It was so fun to get to know them better.

IMG_3318

We wished we had more time to visit our friend Mintu and his family while we were in the state, but we only had about 7 hours to spend visiting people and we really went there to see my brother. Mintu, if you are reading this, we are sorry we didn’t come say hi. We just knew we didn’t have enough time. But we will be back to visit!

2 comments:

Gran Linda said...

so great you got to see Ri! you look good together!

Lyd Stew said...

So fun! I'm glad you got to see him off. He sure seems like he's grown up a lot. I'm glad you got to see Uncle Ray and Aunt Darlann too- they still send birthday cards- they are awesome. That is the only way I knew who they were.