Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My husband, the baby.

A couple of Sunday’s ago the Sacrament talk was about keeping journals. Every time I hear a talk about record keeping I form this new goal to be a diligent journal writer. I always start writing in my journal again for a couple day and then stop until I hear the next Journal writing talk. This talk was different for me, though, because the speaker said that record keeping doesn’t have to be in a traditional bound book. I realized that was completely true in my case. I way more diligent at posting our happenings on my blog than I am in my journal. I know not very many people look at this little family blog, and I think it is nice for family members to see what's new in our lives, but I also think that I would love to look back on this 10 years down the road and see everything we experienced. I know it can get kind of boring for other people to look at a post on a personal or family blog that has no pictures, but I just thought I should write even when I don’t have a picture to go along with a story. In the past I have only posted if I have pictures to go along. I don’t want to leave anything about our experiences in Ohio out, even though there is no accompanying picture. So from now on I will be including little posts about things that happen to us and musings about life, even if there isn’t a picture. So to start, I want to tell you a funny little story.

--The other night Benj and I were laying in bed trying to fall asleep. It was about 11:00 and for some reason, neither of us could fall asleep. We weren’t talking, we were just laying there. We had our window open because it was a rare cool night. Just as I started to hear Benjamin’s breathing get heavy and right as I started drifting off, we hear a group of women talk and laughing really loudly from out side in the parking lot. They were extremely loud and obnoxious, so I leaned over and shut the window. We could still hear them with the window shut, and it was starting to get hot and stuffy, so I just opened up the window again. They woke us both up so we just laid there waiting for the ladies to leave. But they just kept talking and laughing really loudly.

We talked out asking them to be quite, but we didn’t really want to just yell out the window. We didn’t really want to go out to the parking lot and ask them to be quiet, either. You might think its weak, but we are both a little bit non-confrontational. We would have eventually said something, but I think we were both just hoping they would leave soon. So I said to Benj, “I know! I will tell them out the window that my baby is trying to sleep and they are waking him up.” And Benj said, “But you don’t have a baby. I’ll be the baby.” And then out of the blue, Benj lets out this loud wail that sounded just like a crying baby. And he did it over and over and it was so loud. I was shaking the bed, I was laughing so hard! I wish you could have heard it. It was hilarious. He just kept doing it and I just laid there laughing. After a few minutes, he stopped to catch his breath and we heard the ladies in the parking lot say, “I think we are talking to loud. I think we are waking up a baby.” It was hilarious. It worked!!! They went into their houses and got in their cars and left and we just laid there laughing. I know it’s a silly little story, but its kind of how our life works right now. We come up on a road block or disturbance, and we find a way to laugh and grow closer together. Life is good.

8 comments:

Amber said...

Cute story Amy! I love it.

Aaron and Carolyn said...

Hilarious! Wish I could have heard it.

aunt choody said...

I love this story.

Gran Linda said...

hahahahaha, Ben has a new talent!

jess and seth said...

I love your idea about just including events without the pictures. It takes me forever to put pictures on my blog, so maybe I will follow suit! And I LOVE THIS STORY! Benj, you crack me up--I was missing your laugh not too long ago--Seth & I were talking about how contagious it is. :)

Bethany L. said...

This cracked me up. Could you record the Benjy baby sound and post it? Pretty please?

Nikki said...

That is hillarious! What a hoot! Sorry it's been so long since I have been on here! You have a great blog! Keep it up! and I promise to visit more often! hope things are going great for you guys! We miss you being closer!

Tricia Jeanne said...

OH MY GOSH. BEST STORY EVER.