Then each of the 264 new medical students was called by name to walk across the stage and receive their first white coat. Then everyone recited the Ohio State University Physician’s Oath.
Here they are placing the coat on him. It was hard to get good pictures from up in the balcony.
Here he is walking off the stage looking like a proper doctor!
At the end a little acapella choir sang the Ohio state song and at the end, when everyone sings O-HI-O, the med students all formed the letters with their hands.
Benjamin with his new friend Tyler, who is in our ward and lives in our apartment complex.
I love this picture, even thought Benjamin’s eye’s are closed.
I have a million pictures of Benj, pulling silly faces.
Another silly face.
Yet, another silly face before the ceremony.
I am so proud of my husband for making it this far. I think he will be an amazing doctor someday!
Afterwards, there was an ice cream social. The ice cream was from a shop called Graeter’s. I have been wanting to get ice cream there since we have moved here, but I heard it was kind of expensive. At the ice cream social, they had tons left over, so we each ate two containers and hijacked a bunch more containers. It is delicious ice cream!!! Between the ones we ate there and the ones we brought home we got Peach, Raspberry Sorbet, Chocolate Chunk, Black Raspberry Chip, Mango Sorbet, Buckeye Blitz (chocolate ice cream, chocolate chunks, and peanut butter cookie dough), mint chocolate chip, and strawberry.
5 comments:
nice haul on the ice cream! :) Benj looks so all-grown-up! I can't stand it. I miss you guys! Congratulations--how exciting! You are an amazing couple, as I have said before, and will keep saying again . . .
Oh my heck, I'm so proud of you two! Thanks for putting the video up so I could feel like I was actually there. :) And I'm thinking you're looking super cute in that dress, Amy Jo! AND I love that eyes closed picture too. Such a cute couple! Congrats Dr. Boogy!
Super proud of you two, congrats on the white coat Benjamin, sure do love you!
OHHH- my cute brother already looks doctorish! Congrats Benj! Best wishes for happy times to come! And Amy Jo... that ice cream might have been decent, but I have a hard time believing that anything can beat your homemade stuff now. I'm still waiting for you to open up shop... locally that is. :)
Sooo super cool!
Post a Comment