Monday, December 6, 2010

Halloween

Here are some pics from the Andreasen Halloween party this year. The theme was “something from your childhood”.

PA240292

I was a fairy this year. I used to love fairies when I was little. I thought they were real for a long time (I’m not going to tell you how old I was when I decided they probably aren’t real.) Little Ava was fascinated that we both had wings. After looking all over town for fairy wings only to find that all stores were sold out, I made my own with that really thick sticky plastic wrap, hangers, and glitter glue. Not the best, but it works.

PA240294

PA240296

Benj was a nerd for Halloween. Although I don’t think he was nerd when he was a child :)

PA240298

My mother was Mrs. Brady. She was liking the idea of having Alice to do all the dirty work.

PA240309image

My dad was Race Bannon from Johnny Quest.

PA240301

PA240302

My little brother Joseph was Paul Bunyon. When Joseph was little he would watch the short Disney film about Paul Bunyon multiple time a day. He had a small wooden axe that my dad made him and some little cardboard trees that he would set up and knock over with the axe. Seeing Joe dressed up as Paul brought back good memories.

PA240307

Emily was one of the Native Americans from her favorite childhood show “Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron”. Isn’t she a cutie!

I don’t have pictures of everyone’s outfits, but here’s a few more fun costumes from the party:

PA240282

My Aunt Shawna was one of those Style Barbie Heads. She actually wore that cardboard styling table around her whole body.

PA240286

Uncle Damon was Inspector Gadget.

PA240287

My cousin Mason was Strong Bad from homestarrunner.

PA240323

Grandpa Gary was the old cowboy Tex Ritter.

 

Damon and Shawna organized some fun silly games. PA240329

Eat the doughnut from the string. This was for all the little grandkids.

PA240328

At one point Corbin yelled out “My Doughnut Hates Me!”

PA240330

My cousin Luke after the doughnut eating competition.

PA240331

PA240334

In this game Benj and I had one minute to stack as many chocolate  doughnuts as possible on our foreheads. I won with 5 doughnuts.

PA240343

In this game my mom and my aunt Nikki had to knock over a plastic cup with the ball inside the panty hose on their heads.

There were a bunch of other fun games. They were hilarious to play and watch. For a movie of the party, check out my uncle’s Youtube channel, Olinselot.

1 comment:

Catherine Stewart said...

Haha, this post is great! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who believed in fairies way longer than I should have. Just to give you an idea... I believed in faries long after I found out about Santa... I found out about Santa in 5th grade....so... :)