Sunday, October 24, 2010

Changes

We have had a lot of changes in the last two months. In September we moved to Pocatello. Benjamin is in the last semester of his undergrad online and he will graduate in December. I am student teaching at Highland High School and I will also finish in December. I am teaching 9-12 grade in speech and drama. I am also helping direct the school musical, Willy Wonka (which opens November 10th and runs through the 15th It is going to be awesome!) . Student teaching has been really hard and really exhausting, but it is all going so well. I have great cooperating teachers and great kids (for the most part). Benjamin also got a job at an assisted living center. It is really close to our apartment, which is very nice because he can bike there. Oh, and Benjamin has been accepted to three medical schools! Ohio State (Columbus), Case Western (Cleveland), and Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee).
Come with me on a tour of my apartment!
These are the steps down to our front door.
PA170180
Lets go through the back door (so you can see the covered cement patio! It is quite long, but you can only see a little square of it in this picture).
PA170176
PA170173
Thanks mom and dad for the couch!
PA170171
It has a nice open feel to it!
PA170170
The view out the back window. The church is right down the hill. We run down the hill every Sunday for church. I guess we will have to sled down to church once it snows. The hill is pretty steep!
PA170175
PA170174

PA170179
The kitchen! It has lots of counter space, lots of storage space, and a dishwasher!!!! Hooray! Finally a dish washer! I have been cooking every chance I get. I love cooking in the fall. Especially with pumpkin and plums and all that goodness. Check out my cooking blog to see what I have created recently in my new kitchen.
PA170177
We bought a water filter for our sink. Pocatello water tastes horrible! This purifier really helps.
PA170184
We also bought a new vacuum. It’s pretty nice for only being $40!
PA170185
This is the view to the side of our apartment.
PA170183
Anyway, that’s our apartment and our life! Cheers!

4 comments:

Gran Linda said...

very nice apartment, congrats on getting accepted to so many school genius Benjamin! Have you chosen one of the 3 yet? Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.

jess and seth said...

Glad you guys are settling in and liking your apartment. I'm excited to see where the two of you end up.

And hey, put some pictures of your cute selves on there too! Eleni wants to see her beautiful Aunt Amy. :)

Lyd Stew said...

Oh- fun to see some pictures of your place! Tell me what you think of your water filter- we've been considering getting one, but we weren't sure if it was worth it.

Amy Jo Romney said...

I think it is worth it. Pocatello water is way worse than Moscow water, though. We just flip it on when we want drinking water. Otherwise, we just use the normal water for dishes and hand washing. You can't use hot water with the filter on. The cartridges cost around 6$ and ours lasted about 2 months before we had to change it. but i think the water tastes better.