Monday, March 30, 2009
Upper GI Endoscopy
This is my GI doctor who will be performing the endoscopy on thursday.
On Thursday April 2nd I am going to get an Upper Gastro-Intestinal Endoscopy. I will only be partially sedated and I will recover that day. The dangers of this procedure are very small and very rare. I should recover within a few hours.
Dr. Wingerson will view my esophagus, stomach, and small intestine with a camera. He will probably take biopsies of all of those organs, too. He will be able to tell if I have Chrons, Celiac disease, bacteria overgrowth, parasites, or esophageal reflux or strictures. I need this procedure because I am having a hard time recovering from my latest flare up of Ulcerative Colitits. I have shown many signs of things that could be making it hard for me to recover. Also, it is good to know if I have Chrons. The colon can only be removed in Ulcerative Colitis and not Chrons even though they are treated in the same way. This procedure could also explain my frequent lack of appetite, energy, and my difficulty swallowing. Within the next few weeks I will also test my blood sugar, my iron levels, and my adrenal gland performance. Please keep us in your prayers during this time. These tests will be very revealing no matter what the outcome and could provide us with a clear idea of what to do next. We are so grateful for every one's prayers, help, and support. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
We'll be thinking of you!! Hope all goes well.
You're in my prayers--both of you. Good luck or break a leg!
You poor little girl. I just want to take you in my arms and rock you as if you were a little baby again. But instead you are a very brave and strong young lady. I know you have the courage to face whatever the tests show and like so many other challenges you will win this one too. Our love and prayers for you always.
Love ya Amy! We'll definately keep you in our prayers and be thinking of you on THursday!
We are always praying for. No matter what happens know that you can come to us for anything. If one were to bring you dinner thursday night what would you have them bring?
oh Jinger, you are so sweet.the answer is cheesecake and popcicles. JUST KIDDING. Our home teachers are bringing us pizza on thursday. I probably wont eat much that day, but i am not sure. I should be completely recovered by the next day and Benj and I will probably go on a date for friday's dinner. If worse comes to worse I made tons of left overs to freeze so we can just heat them up. You are so sweet though!
Cheesecake it is...I don't care how much food you have!
you are so funny Jinger. Don't worry about me. I was just being silly. I sure love you. I have an addiction to cheesecake and popcicles and I could eat them for dinner everyday. But please don't go out of your way too much. I am doing pretty good.
I better be careful or I might put on belly bagel.
Post a Comment