




Shawna Says: "My husband and I have always been the out-of-doors type. So when we had our first child we set out to expose him to the love we had for nature. He quickly became the one dragging us out the front door.
After adding two more children to the mix we found that being in nature was a crucial part of their development and enjoyment.
It’s not easy taking all three kids under the age of 6 on outdoor trips however. It takes a lot of preparation and internal motivation. But once we are immersed in the experience we realize once again that it is totally worth it.
One day I was talking with my husband, Damon, about how I wanted to compile all the information that we’ve learned, mostly through trial and error, so that we could share it with other families who have small children. I sincerely wanted other children to experience just a portion of what I personally saw my kids experience in nature.
He loved the idea and has since continually encouraged me to make something of it. I slowly have begun compiling information; putting things to memory after learning something from a trip or saving articles and books I come across while reading."
The result is Nature For Kids.
They put together ideas for taking kids on adventures in nature. Even Infants. They have tips on camping with babies, out door photography, hiking, nature crafts and experiments, rock climbing, and so on. Shawna even sells amazing handmade beanies for kids on her etsy shop that you can access from there.
I have such fond memories of the adventures Damon adn shawna would take me and my cousins/siblings on. We explored ice caves and waterfalls, went skiing, went rock climbing, went horseback riding, made dream catchers and Big Medicine Pouches to keep our treasures in, figured out treasure maps (once the treasure was tokens for the arcade. After we found the booty damon took us to play arcade games.), went target shooting, navigated ropes courses, and went hiking. Thanks Damon and Shawna. Those fun times meant alot to us and I know your kids will feel the same way.
2 comments:
Thanks Amy! That whole post means a lot to us. We love ya!
Thanks Amy! We'll definitely check out her site. Seth LOVES to do things outside and I could use some help getting motivated . . . :)
Post a Comment