Friday, March 14, 2014

Stella’s Birthday

A month ago we celebrated Stella’s first birthday! I can’t believe she is one already. The last year has just flown by. Stella is such a sweet, spunky little soul. I am so happy she is a part of our family.

At thirteen months Stella can take 5 steps without help, stand up on her own, dance, wave, sing. She can do the actions for Popcorn Popping, 5 little monkeys, Patty Cake, and a couple other little songs. Her favorite toys right now are her baby, her monkey, her musical giraffe, her bath toys, and books. She likes to pretend that she is reading her books outloud and it’s the cutest little gibberish. She can say book (booh), ball (ba), duck (duh), puppy, baby, Jesus (zeezus), Ta-Da, Hi, wow, uh-oh, mom, daddy, nana (food), nose (noh), turtle (tuh-tuh), yeah, and baba. Not all of them are complete words, but she uses them correctly and consistently. She signs drink, more, food, and all done. She makes the sound of a monkey, bee, dog, and owl. She has 8 teeth with a molar working its way through.

Stella opening presents:

Stella Eating her Smash Cake:

Sorry the movie’s are so long. I just couldn’t cut anything else out. I love how she starts eating the bananas, then ends up in Benjamin’s lap with a fork, and ends on the floor again. She was kind of moody that night and went from saying “hi” to me so sweetly to screaming “nana!”

Stella first thing in the morning:

IMG_8595

IMG_8600

Stella’s funny little squishy smile that she does when she is in a really silly mood:

IMG_8615

IMG_8619

IMG_8629

IMG_8621

She really can get quite silly, as the next video will show. I love this video because she is just learning how to stand up on her own and you can see how proud she is when she does it. I also love the random dancing and how she is just all over the place.

IMG_8771

IMG_8773

IMG_8803

IMG_8806

IMG_8809

IMG_8811

IMG_8813

We love you so, Stella Snow.

2 comments:

Gran Linda said...

She is so cute and she has "twerking" down pretty good! I love that little munchkin!

jess and seth said...

She has the most expressive little face!! We love her. Happy birthday Stella Snow!