Friday, June 28, 2013

Quick Catch Up

These pictures are a little bit old (April and May), but I want to post them anyway. Enjoy!

Stella’s Great-Grandma Linda made this little owl for Stella. She loves it!

2013-05-07_12-47-10_992

She also sent some candy for me (I have a weakness for candy) and some other little gifts. What a nice surprise! Thanks grammy!

IMG_5586

One of our neighbors brought over this jumper that her kids have grown out of. Stella LOVES it! It gets her really excited and quite worked up. I can’t let her play in it right before a nap or bed time or she gets way too wound up.

2013-05-21_13-37-29_360

This little girl LOVES to sprawl out in the grass and feel the breeze. Going outside can right any wrong in her book.

2013-05-21_12-05-57_352

It’s been really hot here in Columbus. Stella HATES being hot. She cries like it’s the end of the world until I put her in a cooler outfit. Hence the tank tops and shorts. (Don’t worry we will teach her about modesty soon, just not this summer. This little girl runs really hot!)

2013-05-29_15-32-40_2

And sometimes, this is the only thing that will make her happy:

2013-05-01_15-54-41_764

She has started sleeping in nothing but her diaper. She will not fall asleep unless we strip her down to her skivvies.

We planted a little square foot garden on our back patio that Benj built. Since this picture was taken it has really taken off. We have lettuce, peas, beans, radishes, and cucumbers. We also have tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, and some herbs in another place on the patio.

IMG_5583

 

Stella loves to get her left leg swinging to get her chair to bounce.
She is finally used to bathing. She would scream for about the first 2 months every time we would try to bathe her.
I love her sneezes!
She thinks she is a hot shot when she sits up on the couch by her self.
I love her bright blue eyes!

5 comments:

Momma Kaye said...

You mention the screaming fits when bathing... Do you always shower her? Sometimes showers seem a little frightening to babies. Immersing her in the water and letting her feet kick might be the answer-- although, it looks like she is embracing it well enough. What an absolute doll she is. And such a wonderful Mother. Pearl is the same way about calming down when she sees the sunshine or hears the birds outside. So sweet!

Amy Jo Romney said...

No, we don't shower her. When she was first born being in the bath tub by herself really scared her, so we figured out that if one of us held her close to us in the shower she would let us wash her. We transitioned to one of us being in the shower with her while she was in the bath water at our feet on her bath chair. Thats probably what you see in this video. Now she is happy to be in the bath water by herself. Thank goodness!!!

Gran Linda said...

what a beautiful little doll she is! Wait until she starts splashing in the bath, so fun then!! love you guys.

Lyd Stew said...

I just want to give her that little butterfly in the bouncer. She's so smart. It's almost like she is just sure if she kicks hard enough they will fall down. She wants them so back. :) She is so precious. I can't even believe how grown up she is getting!!!

jess and seth said...

She is such a little person! I love how she talks with you. And no worries on the baby immodesty--I say they can be immodest until they're too big for onesies. They won't remember anyway! :)