Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Grandmas are the Best!

There is nothing better than a grandma spoiling you. Stella got completely spoiled by her two grandmas who both flew out all the way from Idaho.

First, my mom flew out for a week. She fell head over heals for Stella. I think she reminded my mom of me when I was a baby. Stella is her first grandbaby. Stella got thoroughly spoiled. And so did I! My mom helped me so much as I recovered and surprised me with a nice leather glider/recliner for my birthday so I can rock Stella in comfort. It almost makes me want to wake up to feed Stella at 4 in the morning just to sit in that amazing chair! Thanks mom and dad!

IMG_4929

IMG_4927

Isn’t my mom a pretty lady?

IMG_4931

IMG_4930

After my mom left, Benjamin’s mom flew out to see Stella. She came bearing gifts for Stella and lots of fabric for me to experiment on with my new sewing machine. By the time Kaye came to visit I was feeling a little bit better, so when I wanted to venture out on a short walk to soak up some sunshine, she helped me because I was nervous to go out by myself alone. We were also able to visit some fun places like the North Market, a fun indoor market near downtown. She also cleaned my house, did all my laundry, baked bread, and organized some of my messy drawers. And of course did lots of snuggling with Stella.

Stella after a bath. She loves her grandma, but hates baths.

IMG_5025

IMG_5144

IMG_5148

Benjamin took a picture of me taking a picture of Grandma Kaye and Stella.

IMG_5151

IMG_5168

IMG_5164

A big thank you to both grandma’s for making the long trip across the country to help us and meet Stella. We love you both!

3 comments:

Momma Kaye said...

Hurray for sweet Granpa's who made it all possible too! I know Ben & Dirk wish they had joined us. I had such a blast. Thanks for your warm hospitality. Give Stella a kiss from me.

Gran Linda said...

All I can say is that I'm jealous! Both grandma's are beautiful and got to hold that sweet baby and be with you!

jess and seth said...

I'm so glad they got to come visit! Gabe is convinced that you are me in that last picture because our hair is the same. :) I'm flattered!