That primary song I sang as a kid is taking on a new meaning. (In case you are wondering, the song actually says “It’s the day we get ready for Sunday”) This Saturday I am getting ready for Sunday in a whole new way. Tomorrow (sunday) night at 6 P.M. I am going to Labor and Delivery at the OSU hospital to be induced! They will give me some medicine to get my body ready for the induction and monitor me through the night. If all goes as planned, my little girl will be here sometime on Monday, February 11. She is measuring 3 weeks ahead, so my doctor doesn’t want me to go overdue. We are so excited to meet our daughter! It has been nice knowing when she will be born because I’ve had a deadline to work towards. I have been able to pace myself in getting things ready for a baby in our home. Besides getting the house clean,the hospital bag packed, fridge stocked, and the laundry done, I have been able to do some fun projects.
Benj got me a really nice sewing machine for Christmas and I have experimented on some baby things:
I sewed some soft, flannel receiving blankets.
I made these little stretch pants and matching beanie out of an old t-shirt of mine.
I still need to hang them up, but I sewed these curtains for the nursery.
And my sweet friend Elisa took the left over curtain fabric and made this adorable matching crib skirt for me. I absolutely love it! I have the kindest friends!
I also made a little tulle tutu.
I also upcycled an old lamp from the thrift store and a thrift store sheet to make this lamp for the nursery:
This is what it looked like before:
and after:
I got all her blankets and clothes washed and waiting for her to make them even cuter.
Well, the next post will have sweet little newborn pictures all over it. Wish me luck and please pray for everything to well the next few days!
5 comments:
Oh Amy! You are an artist, an interior decorator, an expert seamstress, a marvelous little homemaker! I can't quite get over that lamp transformation. How did you paint it? I mean, what kind of paint would you use on ceramic like that? Anyway, your little bundle is going to feel so warm and loved in that little environment of pink and preciousness. What a lucky little baby~!
Oh will you just quit it?!?! The leggings and matching beanie just about killed me with its cuteness! Everything looks perfect can't wait to see more pictures of the little bundle of adorableness!
I agree with the other 2 posts, you are wonderful and will make the best mommy in the world!
Love Love love this post!!!!!!!!!!! It made me want to start doing something for this lil gal. Can't wait for the next post!!!
It's all so adorable! Congratulations, Amy Jo!
Post a Comment