Thursday, January 3, 2013

Go Buck’s

2012-10-20_13-48-27_269

I guess I should mentions that Benjamin and I went to an OSU Buckeye football game this fall. We bought Big Ten tickets this year. We sold most of them, but kept one game for ourselves to go see. It was cold and windy and we were really high up, but it was fun! It was a pretty uneventful game until the very end. I don’t have the skill to talk football lingo, but you have to know what happened. Here is what a local news station had to say about it:

“With only 47 seconds left in the game, approximately 30,000 fans had already filed out of Ohio Stadium. The Buckeyes trailed 22-14, and had to travel 61 yards—and convert a two-point attempt—to tie the score.

Those who left missed one of the greatest finishes in Ohio Stadium history; as the Buckeyes—behind back-up quarterback Kenny Guiton—did tie the game, and went on to win 29-22 in overtime.

It marked the second straight season that OSU and Purdue went into overtime and the third time in the past eight meetings.”

2012-10-20_12-46-41_4212012-10-20_12-46-31_963

People in Columbus have some major Buckeye pride. Its fun to live in a town that is so obsessed with it’s college sports team.

2 comments:

Momma Kaye said...

There is something unifying about college football devotion, isn't there? I remember how thrilling the sound of that Ricks College cannon was on a Saturday afternoon. Generally, we were there with out kids, but if not-- we all cheered at the explosive sound.

jess and seth said...

Awesome! Seth would have loved that. He probably saw the highlights on SportsCenter.