Sunday, November 18, 2012

Circleville Pumpkin Show

Back in October, Benj and I traveled about an hour away to Central Ohio’s famous Circleville Pumpkin Show. Now, I learned the hard way that it is not the “pumpkin festival”, but the “pumpkin show”. I was reprimanded by a native of Circleville after saying it wrong. I will never make that mistake again. The Circleville Pumpkin Show has been held in the streets of Circleville since 1903. It is a 4 day event with tons of food stands, rides, fair games, pumpkin displays, contests, and 2 parades every day. We carpooled with our friends the Picketts. Unfortunately, we didn’t pick a very good time to go. It was a little cold when we got there, but by the time we left, if was pouring and we were soaked through and freezing. I’m sure we would have stayed longer if we weren’t so freezing.

In this picture we are standing in front of a huge mural. What you see is only a very small portion of the huge painting.

IMG_3625

IMG_3623

There were lots of giant pumpkins.

IMG_3628

IMG_3629

IMG_3631

IMG_3633

And lots of interesting gourds and pumpkins of all sizes and varieties that you could buy.

IMG_3637

IMG_3638

IMG_3642

We splurged on some Bloomin Potatoes

IMG_3644

And of course we splurged on some pumpkin food. We got pumpkin fudge and pumpkin doughnuts.

IMG_3626

They had pretty much every kind of pumpkin food there. They had pumpkin: pizza, hot dogs, burgers, cheesecake, ice cream, bread, pie, cookies, cup cakes, taffy, pancakes, waffles, scones, and any thing else you could think of. We would have tried more pumpkin food, but our trip was cut short. It didn’t take long for us to be soaked to the bone from the rain, so we left faster than we normally would have. We did, however, sit through about 15 minutes of the parade in the pouring rain, hoping that it would stop raining. Maybe we will try again next year with better luck.

3 comments:

Gran Linda said...

looks like a fun time. I would love to try the bloomin potatos, they looked really good!

Lyd Stew said...

Oh pumpkin fudge- that sounds heavenly! What a fun event! I'm glad you guys make it to some of this cool stuff! Thanks for posting!

jess and seth said...

I don't think you can ever have enough pumpkin. What a cool celebration! I love the guy with the orange hat--his head looks like a pumpkin and fits right in with the stack! :)