Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Archie Griffin

2012-08-14_18-09-19_609

I went to Kroger to do some grocery shopping and I guess there was some sort of celebration going on at the store because there were tons of samples and Archie Griffin was there signing autographs.

Who is Archie Griffin? He is a former member of The Ohio State Buckeyes football team. He is the only person to win the Heisman Trophy twice. He won four Big Ten Conference titles and was the first player ever to start in four Rose Bowls. He also played 7 seasons in the NFL with the Cincinnati Bengals. He is a little older now and is settled in Columbus with his family.

I actually didn’t know who he was, but I recognized that he was someone important and a football player. So I quickly bought a cute little Buckeye baby onesie in the OSU section of the grocery store and got in line. I had him sign the back of the baby outfit and two pictures of himself for my dad and brother. I also got a picture with him with my phone. He was a very kind person. As soon as I left the store I called my dad and asked him if he knows who Archie Griffin is. He spouted off all the stats about him, like I knew he would.

Just thought I’d share that random, fun experience. Go Bucks!!!

2 comments:

Gran Linda said...

wow, Anne Romney and now Archie Griffin. You are going to be famous yourself pretty soon!

Momma Kaye said...

You are always in the right place at the right time, Amy Jo! You just live right, don't you? Love you so.