Tuesday, August 21, 2012

And here we have Idaho…

…winning her way to fame. Silver and Gold in the sunlight blaze. And romance lies in her name. Singing! Sing of you! Ah, proudly too, all our lives thru, We’ll go singing, singing of you, singing of Idaho!

In case you were wondering, that is the Idaho state song. I still remember it from the fourth grade Idaho History Program.

Benj and I spent two weeks this summer visiting our home town Sugar City/Rexburg, Idaho. We mostly just spent time with family. Here are some pictures from our trip:

Tyler’s Homecoming:

My cousin Tyler just finished a two year LDS mission to Washington state and we got to greet him at the airport when he got home.

IMG_2615

IMG_2618

Joseph Dancing:

My little, but tall, brother Joseph is part of the Rexburg’s International Folkdance Team. We got to see him dance at the dance festival street festival. We got to spend two days with him before he was on his way to dance in France and Spain.

Doing the Charleston

IMG_2637

IMG_2639

IMG_2648

IMG_2650

Rain and Emily:

I got to spend a lot of time with my beautiful little sister, Emily. She just recently got a horse named Rain and she was excited for us to meet her.

IMG_2675

IMG_2668

IMG_2858

Mesa Falls:

We took a trip to Mesa Falls with my family.

image

photo 3

We also had a big Romney Reunion, but that needs a post of its own.

3 comments:

Momma Kaye said...

Sweet Amy Jo, I loved your memory lane singing of the Idaho state song. You are a doll! Great photos of that good looking brother.... and what a partner! How was his trip to Europe? It's always so good to hear from you.

Gran Linda said...

awesome pics, it was so good to see you guys! love you.

Lyd Stew said...

That it too funny! I promise I didn't know. Indeed- our minds are great! Cute post! Can't wait to see more. Memo: Next post title "Let's here it for America" :) J/K