Benj and I got to go to a Shins concert a couple weeks ago, We got cheap tickets through OSU and had a blast! I have liked the Shin’s for years. I own most of their older albums. Then one day Benj surprised me with their brand new album Port of Morrow. We both love their new album and when we saw that they were coming to Columbus, we knew we couldn’t miss it.
There were two opening bands. We actually enjoyed the first band, Deep Sea Diver. Here is a snippet one of their songs :
We really didn’t care for the second band. So finally two and a half hours from when the concert started, we got to see The Shin’s! It was a long wait, but well worth it!!! They were amazing live! They had a good mix of old songs and songs from their new album. I love living in a city where bands actually tour.
Here is a video clip I got at the concert. You can hear Benj making fun of me for trying to capture it on my bad quality phone camera. He is mockingly saying, “That is going to look so good! It’s going to feel like your there!” and I was being silly and excitedly saying, “I know!!!” So if you wonder what we are saying, that is it. And like Benj said, the phone camera really doesn’t do it justice at all. It sounds so much better when you are actually there.
Here are a couple songs from their new album:
3 comments:
So glad you got to see the concert. Sounds like music that I would like!
so fun! I've never heard of the Shins. I must me an old fogey already :( Great stuff though!
Fun music! Some concerts can be so cool! I'm still waiting for yours. :)
Post a Comment