Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fourth of July

I know that this post is almost 2 months late, but I still want  to post our adventures on the Fourth of July.

The night before the fourth, I was feeling kind of sad because I love the Fourth and I was sad that I was so far away from family. We were pretty much counting on spending our day watching Smallville episodes from the Library. But our neighbors came through again. We got a text late on the 3rd inviting us to Allum Creek Beach for a picnic, corn hole, and swimming. We went and had so much fun! We just keep finding cool places here in Columbus, that you wouldn’t expect to be here. It’s a lake that has a nice long sandy beach.

amyandben-1

I know that Benjamin would not appreciate me posting a picture of him with out his shirt on, so I drew a little t-shirt on him.

alumcreek

Right when we got back from the beach, we went to a BBQ that was happening in the parking lot of our apartment complex with people from out ward.

IMG_0453

IMG_0458

IMG_0461

Our neighbor, Brett, gave Benj some text books at the BBQ. Thanks Brett!!!

image

Later that night we all met up again and lit of some fireworks that we had smuggled in from Idaho. Even little fountains are illegal here in Ohio, but risked it and lit off a couple of small fountains. Right as we finished the fountains, the sky lit up with the Clintonville fireworks. We all walked across the street to a parking lot and watched a good 20 minutes of awesome fireworks that we could see perfectly.

It was a great day!

5 comments:

Gran Linda said...

great way to spend the day!

Bethany L. said...

Your "homemade" t-shirt cracked me up. You are so funny!

jess and seth said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one still on 4th of July! And nice shirt for Benj! :) I am so glad you guys have good friends & neighbors. That helps a lot to ease the homesickness!

AnK Romney said...

I didnt even notice the T-Shirt! Looks like you had a blast!!

Lyd Stew said...

I didn't even notice you had painted on that shirt until I read it. Nice graphic design work! :) I just read your "baby crying" story and Doug and I had a good laugh. You guys are awesome. Those are the kind of things I love about Benj- and I think you have a real cute way of bring that side out in him. You guys make a good team! I love you both!!!