Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Glow Bugs!

One of the highlights of moving to Ohio was seeing my first fire-fly. There are no lightning bugs in Idaho. Out of sight, out of mind. I had never seen one and I never really expected or thought about seeing one, so when one started flashing in front of me a couple days after we moved here, I was super excited. I screamed really loud and started laughing. I followed the little bug around the park until I lost it.

Since then, we see a tons of little flashing bugs at dusk almost every night. It is so cool to see little flashing lights everywhere.

IMG_0228

I caught a glow bug, but it wouldn’t glow in the jar. I felt bad keeping it in there so I let it go. You can see it crawling on the edge of the jar. Also, that little blurry yellow light is another glow bug.

IMG_0226

1 comment:

Gran Linda said...

When I was a kid and we visited family in Oklahoma and we would catch fireflies in jars at night. If you have more than one they will light up. I miss seeing them and glad you have a chance to see and enjoy them. They prove God has a sense of humor, why else would he light up somethings butt? ;}