Saturday, July 9, 2011

Comm. Fest. and North Market

Benj and I decided to ride the bus downtown to see what all the Community Festivsl hype was all about. It was basically a big hippie festival in a park. It had lots of booths with all sorts of trinkets and fair food. There were lots of live bands and lots of hippies and weirdoes. We didn’t last long, but it was interesting to walk around for a little while and observe all different kinds of interesting people.

IMG_0359

IMG_0329

There were lots of people hula hooping in the middle of a crowd. This girl was pretty good. She had two going at once for a really long time and kept switching them around from neck to waist to hands to legs.

IMG_0361

Ok, so maybe I shouldn’t post this, but it was the funniest thing I have ever seen. There was a band playing and they were pretty good. Then all of a sudden this guy comes out of the crowd and stands right in front of the band and starts dancing like no one was watching. It was awesome.

IMG_0357

Oh, how I wish that I had been able to record this!

IMG_0346

There were lots of other strange people at comm fest and a little too much beer for our liking, so we moved along to the North Market. This is a really neat indoor market downtown. I loved it! there were so many neat things. We got some delicious ice cream. There were really interesting flavors we tried rhubarb lime cardamom, brambleberry crisp, salty caramel, and blueberry lemon.  There were also stands that sold dessert crepes and waffles,  candy vendors, lots of produce, salsa vendors, and lots of really yummy food stands.

IMG_0376

IMG_0373

IMG_0367

This is looking down on the market from the second floor.

IMG_0369

IMG_0370

5 comments:

Gran Linda said...

Oh Gramps would have loved being with you for the hippie fair, you know how much he loves hippies!!!!
I miss you guys so much but I'm glad you are having a great time together there and experiencing so many new things. By the way, where can I get some of those black pants that dancer guy was wearing???

Bethany L. said...

Fancy shades Boogy! What an interesting experience. Definately not in "kansas" (or Idaho) anymore. I laughed at the shirtless/leather pants guy. Yikes!

Mystial Batwoman said...

Hahaha...MomA I was going to say the same thing! Amy I'm so glad you guys are enjoying yourselves and exploring! What a fun opportunity! Love you guys!

Lyd Stew said...

How do we seem to find these hippi towns? :) I LOVE the dancing pictures- made me laugh hard! Sometimes I wish we were all that free... and then again... hmmm.

jess and seth said...

I love the pictures--especially Mr. Black Leather Pants! :) So glad you are finding some fun places there in Ohio.