Monday, December 20, 2010

Student Teaching

I just finished my student teaching at Highland High School in Pocatello. It was really great experience. It was very hard and very rewarding. Let me show you some of the things I worked on.

PB220582

I taught two periods of speech under Ann Adams. She taught me so much and I love her to death!  This is my first hour class. They were awesome students.

PA130165

Teresa Bosen was my cooperating teacher for drama. She is a wonderful lady and she really helped me prepare to be a teacher on my own. I taught one period of Drama 1 A. . That was a huge class of very energetic students. We did lots of fun things through out the trimester.

PB230583

I taught one period of Advance Drama. That class was completely devoted to getting ready for district and state drama. They are a great group of students. Very talented.

PB090434

I also helped direct the school musical after school. We did Willy Wonka. It turned out great. It was an amazing experience. Below are some pictures from the play:

PB090398

Me and Wonka

PB090407

Me and Augustus Gloop

PB090408

Charlie Bucket and Me

PB090409

PB090410

PB090435

PB090403

 

PB090431

PB090426

Veruca’s Squirrels

PB090430

PB090418

The chocolate waterfall and river

PB090432

I love my little oompa loopma’s!

PB090448

PB090438

Violet, you’re turning, Violet! PB090449

The Gloop family.

PB090433

Veruca Salt and Shelbie

PB090424

The Wonka-vator

P9300087

All the Oompa Loompa’s wore these outfits that made them look really short. They walked and danced on their knees the whole show. They did most of their dance numbers with a black light. It looked really neat.

PB230585

This is me and two of my most helpful and advanced students. On the left is Cave and he was my student aid during drama 1 and a very talented actor. On the right is Michael and he was the student director for Willy Wonka. He was a great director and I could always count on him. Thanks guys.

Anyway, now that I am finished with student teaching, I am going to substitute teach. In the meantime, I will look for a job teaching for next year. I had a great experience and I am so glad to finally be finished with my undergrad work.

2 comments:

Aaron and Carolyn said...

Hooray! Congrats Amy! We miss you guys!

jess and seth said...

How fun--I'll bet you were such an amazing director! You look like one of the students . . . :)