Thursday, September 9, 2010

What we loved about Moscow!!!

Summer was just too short. We loved our stay in Moscow! We are happy to be in Pocatello now, but we really do miss the little town up North. I thought I would post a few things that we loved about Moscow (in no particular order).

  • THE FARMERS MARKET!!!! Moscow had a great farmers market. I think everybody in the town gathered downtown every Saturday to listen to live music and wander through the booths. Moscow had a great sense of community. There were so many little community events, concerts, etc. And the people actually went to them! Even the most random little events had good showings.

P7260016

P7260018

  • THE PALOUSE- We loved the beautiful rolling hills of the Palouse farm lands. It was a pain to drive up and down the hills, but they are just so pretty!

palouse-1-853-thumb

P7120122

  • The GINORMOUS burgers at the Sandpiper Grill (no,it is nothing like the expensive version in South Eastern Idaho.)

P7140066

P7140067

  • OUR WARD- We made lots of really good friends in our ward in Moscow. One of our favorite memories with the ward was going to Spokane to the Temple and then out to eat afterwards.

P7120114

  • THE PLANTS- When we first moved there, it was so green with trees and flowers everywhere! Later in the summer if was drier, but a good majority of the time it was beautiful!

P5120176

P5120175

  • MOST OF ALL: WE LOVED LIVING CLOSE TO LYDIA! She was only there for a month while we were there, but we loved having her so close with her sweet little kids. I loved getting to know Lydia more and I consider her one of my very best friends in the whole world. Thanks for all the fun times!

P5100148

2 comments:

jess and seth said...

Man, Amy, you make me wish we'd gone up there to live for the summer too! What beautiful pictures! I always thought Moscow was a bit like England with the rolling, grassy hills. Hey, you guys are totally welcome to come here and spend a sum--no, probably a winter--with us! We would love it! :)

Lyd Stew said...

Oh- I love this post!!! It just makes me happy- won't you come back please. We miss you. I think I miss the best times in Moscow when we leave for the summer! I'm so glad you decided to come- I feel like we're best friends now!!! :) And I love all those things too!