To celebrate the end of the semester my two sisters in the law (Beth and Kylie) and I got pedicures together. It was so much fun! Then Kylie and Anthony and Benjamin and I all went out to lunch to continue the celebration. We missed you Beth and Jon! ![]()
My other sister in law, Chelsea, made me and Kylie these cute head bands for late birthday presents. They are so cute. I think I wore mine every day last week. Thanks Chelsea!
My sister Emily and I were being silly and playing with the camera. We took tons of silly pictures, but they are too embarrassing to post.
We were smiling for a group picture and right at the same time, Joseph and Emily turned and looked right at me. Joe looks kind of scary!
Benjamin and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary on the 12th! In memory of our honeymoon, where we first tried sushi, we went to Da Pineapple Grill for some sushi.
Benjamin got the Spider Roll II with eel and shrimp inside and tiny little tobiko fish eggs all over the outside. It was so yummy!
I can’t remember what mine was called, but it was really good too! I know it had spicy crab, shrimp, cucumber, avocado, and cream cheese inside. The roll was fried tempura with mango, citrus sauce, crunchy wontons, and seared tuna on top. It was very flavorful. I loved it. The only problem was that I it had mostly raw tuna on top. I usually just get sushi that is fully cooked, but this time I decided to try it with the raw tuna on top. It tasted great and was very flavorful. It didn’t taste fishy at all, but I just couldn’t put it in my mouth with a big slice of pink fish looking up at me and knowing it was raw. I had to psych myself out before each bite, but when I actually got it in my mouth, I couldn’t even tell I was eating raw fish. It all just blended together.
We got an amazing huckleberry white chocolate macadamia cheesecake at the end, but I didn’t get a picture.
4 comments:
Okay, Amy, I shouldn't tell you what I thought the first (and only time) I ate raw sushi . . . but I will. It felt like I was chewing lips--the same texture and --okay, I'm grossing myself out. I know it was all in my head because the taste was fine, but there's something about chewing big pink squishy lips . . .
And so I wasn't invited to the sister pedicure party? Goodness knows I could use one . . . :) I wish I lived closer to all you cute girls! And I'm so glad you all got to have a little pampering. You could use that after a long, hard semester!
you are a very brave girl to eat raw fish, I couldn't have done it...and fish eggs...Ben you will eat anything! :}
Oh- fun celebrations! Congrats on 2 years and on finishing a big semester! Way to be! Sushi looked amazing! (I'm going to stand by Jess on sushi in general- I just think it's pretty and Doug can have it. :) Cute toes- wish I could have been there.
I heart sushi. You look so cute in your headband!
Post a Comment